As a 2yo this year, La Reconquista has had four career starts and has been placed twice. She has been competitive in all four outings, showing raw ability despite obvious greenness. After her recent fourth race start at Longchamp, where she made good ground late from last position, La Reconquista has shown us that she has the scope for significant improvement as a 3yo, where she will be managed more conservatively.
Some key details on La Reconquista:
- This filly is a half-sister to Mantastic. Mantastic is already a Listed winner and can add value to her pedigree with further Group performances.
- A daughter of Group 1 winning stallion Dark Angel. Dark Angel is the sire of Battaash, currently 4th on the ‘World’s Best Horse’ rankings
- Out of Foreign Legionary, a daughter of Galileo and a half-sister to Irish Champion Alexander Goldrun. Alexander Goldrun was a five-time Group 1 winner.
- A grey, athletic-looking filly, she stands at 16hh. While still to fill her frame, she is well bodied with excellent conformation and temperament.
- La Reconquista has been competitive in all four outings, showing raw ability despite obvious greenness.
- She is trained by Carlos Laffon-Parias. Carlos has cemented himself as one of France’s leading trainers with a career strike rate of 16%. Over 19 years, he has won 13 Group 1 races and 169 black-type races in total.
- The plan for the filly is to immediately spell then remain in France for her 3yo season in 2020. Carlos believes that she will attain black type.
To discover more about racing with OTI, CLICK HERE.